Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This is a test.

This initial posting reminds me of the first and only time I pitched in a high school baseball game.  Luckily, it was a practice game with the other local highschool.  Our coach was trying a bunch of us out to see who could pitch.  I failed because I couldn't hit the strike zone and walked a couple of runs in.  The opposing batters, most of whom were my friends,  finally took pity and started swinging at balls outside the strike zone just so we could get out of the inning.  I hope my aim for this blog is a little better and that I do occasionally hit the strike zone.

My baseball career went on from there.  Coach put me at third base, where I did okay fielding ground balls and came within range of the first baseman on throws.  The throws were weak, however, so I ended up in left field, the traditional home of weak arms.  On a happier note, later that year I hit a massive home run and ended up batting clean-up for the rest of my short career.  I never hit another extra base hit.  So, with this blog I'll settle for base hits and not go for the fences.  John Jawing

No comments:

Post a Comment